Monday, August 7, 2017

The 2250 Saga by Nirina Stone

Launch date: 7th-14th August 2017
Sub-genre: Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic

About the 2250 Saga:


The 2250 Saga is a Dystopian Action-Adventure based in the fictional world of Apex.

Follow Romy over ten years of her life as she tries to survive living as a Citizen in the world of autocratic Prospos and Soren Terrorists.


In this edition, you will find: Romy, Romy's Legacy and Romy's Last Stand.


Excerpt:


I prepare to run towards my right, where the hallway will lead towards my exit and the waiting team.
But I stop in my tracks when I hear a familiar hissing, bumping sound that could only be an Incinerator. I freeze, tilt my ear to the left and listen. It's definitely here, behind another set of sliding doors. These doors would not be locked, because Incinerators don't need to be secured.
Knowing that this is not a part of my assignment, knowing that I'm losing precious time, I can't help myself. I turn left, away from the hall to the exit. I have to see. I need to see.
Walking through the sliding doors, I stop where the machine huffs and burns in front of me. It sits towards the back and right of the room, its massive exhaust pipe reaching up through the tall ceilings.
Its ugly light gray body makes the floors and walls in the room rumble, and I can see that it's well on its way to destroying piles of physical books that are already falling, in twos and threes, down its chute.
I hear the half second hiss as each book burns, and walk towards the electric counter for the Incinerator to shut it down. For good.
This will take a while, and they will find a way to fix it. But if I tell my team exactly how many books are lined up in this room, we will find a way to come back in here and rescue them.
There are well over two thousand books along the far wall, waiting to be destroyed. Who knows how many of those are the only copy left in this world, with its exact words, its exact ideas?
Sorry mother, I think. It's worth it. One less Incinerator in the world is a good thing. So I get to work. It is a slightly different model than the one we had in the Azure library, so it takes me a moment to figure out how to wreck it. I have to be quick though.
There is no ‘Off’ switch on an Incinerator. It is turned on and off remotely, so I have no option but to break it from here. Every time I hear another flash and hiss, another book or four are gone, forever. I flinch, but continue to work.
And that's when Sheppard grabs me.
I didn't hear him over the rumbling loud sounds of the Incinerator. But I'm certain it's him because he's choking me. I see the muscles of his forearm ripple and clench while he pulls me away, his wall of a body flush on my back.
I scratch and punch and pull at his arm, but he's too big. He's too strong, and I'm having a hard time breathing. My legs kick the air uselessly when he picks me up with the other arm wrapped around my ribs. He starts towards the other end of the Incinerator. The burning end.





About Nirina Stone:






Nirina Stone is a NY Times and USA Today Bestseller of Dystopian and Post-Apocalypse novels.

When she was seven, she planned to grow up as a ballet-dancing nun by day and crime-fighting vigilante by night...using ballet.
A lot has changed since then, except for her silly day-dreams.

Nowadays, she imagines being a super-sleuth android assassin living on a Mars-like planet in a different universe. But since that's unlikely, she's writing about it instead.
Stay tuned for the new series, The Allendian Post-Apocalypse, with Petra (Book 1) coming soon.

In the meantime, enjoy The 2250 Saga of which all 3 books, and 'The Vorkian' novella are available now.





1 comment: